Saturday, August 12, 2017

Gypsy Drama

I know that I've been missing in action. Summer came and things got busy, what can I say.
Anyway, I was given a reminder of the whole reason behind doing this blog. That is to have something to remember Gypsy down the road. We had a bit of a scare with Gyp this past week so, here I am blogging.

Sandi called in hysterics on Monday saying she was rushing Gypsy to the Vet. Gypsy was on the deck and when Sandi went out to check on her, she saw that Gypsy had violent diarrhea with a bunch of blood. We left her with the Vet and she had a few more butt explosions there. Turns out she was suffering from canine HGE. They aren't really sure what causes it but many think it can be caused by stress. Over the last few months we've seen a change in Gypsy. She is way more nervous and anxious when Sandi and I are not around. She has lost a few more pounds and hardly eats. So the Vet did some blood work and took xrays. She apparently is in the early stages of Cushings and her liver is a reason for concern. Four days later we brought her home along with a bag of pills. One of the prescriptions is for Doggie Happy Pills. Hopefully these will take the edge off, reducing the stress, and eliminating the HGE. I will continue to try to find the magic mix of food that will entice her to eat. When we brought her home I gave her some kibble with scrambled eggs mixed in and she gobbled it up. this morning I made her some and she turned her nose up at it.

I"ll keep posting on my quirky Gypsy Gal.

No comments: