Saturday, October 12, 2013

Road Trip...Cleveland

A few weeks ago my brother and I took a trip up to Cleveland for the weekend. We visited with my sister, brother in-law, and their daughter and her hubby. Just a quick weekend thing and so I decided to take Gypsy with me. She does great in the car, always has been willing and able to ride just about anywhere with us. Even if the destination is Cleveland. That poor city is the brunt of so many bad jokes. Mistake by the Lake...blah blah blah. Totally unjustified in my opinion.

Gypsy has been to my sister's house a few times and really enjoys herself. It was in my sisters yard where Gypsy discovered Chipmunks.

Gypsy on the prowl.
 
I don't know what she would do if she actually ever caught one. I think it would probably be a nice appetizer for her though. She will put her nose to the ground and sniff around all day long for the little varmints. They also have an abundance of deer around the house. Saturday morning I let her out first thing. Around 6am and she spotted a few deer in this field adjacent to their house. Off she went, like a flash, after the deer. Into the woods they went and I'm thinking "great I lost the stinking poodle." She came back after just a few minutes, huffing and puffing.
Those things are fast!
Every time I took her out after that morning, she would check out that field for deer.
 
My sister's daughter brought her dog along with them for the weekend.
 
Winnie, is a very cool dog and Gypsy and she got along great. Winnie looks like she would be one of those little dogs that are constantly barking and afraid to get their feet wet. She is totally the opposite of that. She and Gypsy hung out the entire weekend and Winnie did her best to keep up.
 
Saturday afternoon was one of those glorious early autumn days you get in Cleveland. Bright sunny sky with a nice breeze coming in off the lake. We hung around outside all day long and "the girls" also hung out. Gypsy showing Winnie the art of going on patrol. We had a fun time and it was great to be back home even for a weekend.


No comments: