Saturday, October 5, 2013

Where are the Blogs?

Ok, I know it is already October and I've been slacking on the blogging. This summer went by in a flash and now that it is autumn, I'll be sure to fill you in on everything that has been going on with our quirky poodle Gypsy. aka Smiley

But first, I thought I'd give a quick update on Rim who from here on out will be referred to as Ram since that is his name.

OMG I'm in North Carolina!!!
 
Recently we had to make a quick trip to NC. Without going into detail the circumstances were pretty depressing. We boarded Gypsy for the weekend, got the cat sitter lined up, and off we went. One of the highlights of the weekend was during a family get together at Sandi's CUZ's house we got to see Ram. There were about 25-30 people in the house when we got there and Ram was busy greeting everyone and on the look out for crumbs on the floor. As soon as we walked in he set sights on Sandi and greeted her with enthusiasm. He got up on his rear legs and placed his front paws on her shoulders. There was no doubt that he remembered her. The rest of the day I spotted Ram looking up and taking note of where Sandi was. He would sometimes go over to her and lean up against her like he used to do. He was happy to see me too but not like he was with Sandi. He brightened Sandi's otherwise bleak day. How do dogs do that?
 
To say that Ram is in a great, loving home is an understatement. Along with CUZ and her husband, Ram has two teenage boys at home he has to take care of. They adore him.
 
They recently entered Ram in a "TOUGH DOG" competition. Here he is in his tough guy groom complete with Mohawk and moustache. If I understood, he took the first place prize.
It was great to see him (and the rest of the family) and I now am 100% convinced that we did the right thing in getting Ram a new home.
 

No comments: