This being the eve of St. Patricks day I thought I'd share the way I do my corned beef. It's about as easy as it gets.
- I always buy the flat cut corned beef from the store. I think they are more tender.
- Take it out of the package and rinse it really good to get all the yuck off it. then pat it dry.
- Rub the meat down with a good amount of brown sugar. I use Splenda.
- Add 1 can of Guinness and 1 bottle of Harp. These beers are essential!
- You can add the little packet of seasoning if you want but you don't have to.
- I cook mine in the slow cooker for about 6 hours. You can also do it on the stove top.
- You might have to add a little water after a few hours.
It turns out as tender as it can get. Gypsy isn't a big fan of Corned Beef. She prefers chicken.