Friday, March 16, 2012

CORNED BEEF

This being the eve of St. Patricks day I thought I'd share the way I do my corned beef. It's about as easy as it gets.

  • I always buy the flat cut corned beef from the store. I think they are more tender.
  • Take it out of the package and rinse it really good to get all the yuck off it. then pat it dry.
  • Rub the meat down with a good amount of brown sugar. I use Splenda.
  • Add 1 can of Guinness and 1 bottle of Harp. These beers are essential!
  • You can add the little packet of seasoning if you want but you don't have to.
  • I cook mine in the slow cooker for about 6 hours. You can also do it on the stove top.
  • You might have to add a little water after a few hours.

It turns out as tender as it can get. Gypsy isn't a big fan of Corned Beef. She prefers chicken.



No comments: