Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lets take a Walk!

The thing that Gypsy likes to do more than anything else in the world is...taking a nice walk. When we brought her home, we started walking her around the neighborhood for everyone to see.
Can somebody tell me how pretty I am???
Even though she was a little thing, she had her tail straight up, head held high, and she king of pranced around the block. Sandi called it "high steppin." When she gets off the leash, she just walks normal but put her on a leash and she is "high steppin." She looks very elegant on her walks.

So this started years of walking with Gypsy around our little development. While we walk, just about every car that passes gives us waves and smiles. The crazy thing is that if I am out on my own taking a walk, not one wave? What does that tell you?
I have fans!

As we approach people outside I can hear them say, "here comes that poodle." Everyone knows Gypsy. This became very evident one day when I was getting, of all things, a colonoscopy! Strange, but true. So I'm on the table with the robe on waiting for the fun to begin. Most people say the night before the procedure is the worst part but I believe this stage of the game is the worst. You know what is about to take place but have no control over it. Anyway, I'm laying there with my backside up and in comes the nurse to administer the magic cocktail. She takes a look at me and says, "You have the most beautiful.....POODLE." Thank goodness that sentence ended with the word POODLE and not something else. It could have gotten much more awkward in there. She continues to say she lives in our neighborhood and sees us walking all the time. Her kids call me the "Poodle Guy."

I would say that Gypsy is the most walked dog in the neighborhood. We try to take a walk everyday and usually get one in but not always. The days we don't take a walk, even a short one, Gypsy gets a bit antsy. I feel like a bad dog owner on those days.
Hey, get up off your chair and take a walk with me Poodle Guy!

I'll continue to walk with Gypsy, getting some fresh air and a bit of exercise. It is our time together, doing something that she truly enjoys. You can see that walking makes her smile.

No comments: