Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summertime Drama

I don't know if it is something in the water or what. Seems like like everyday we are hearing of more drama going on with our friends. Layoffs, breakups, marital issues, medical things, and all the other drama we humans put upon ourselves. The typical job stress, meeting quotas and deadlines. It's easy to get caught up in the whirlwind we sometimes create.

Gypsy, on the other hand, has a totally different type of drama and stress going on in her little dog world.
  • I hope they take me to the Farmers Market this Saturday.
  • Oh look, Dad is getting his shoes on, Maybe we're going for a walk.
  • Hey, Mom grabbed her car keys, Maybe we're going for a ride.
  • I hope they don't leave me alone.
  • Hey, the cats are drinking from my bowl.
  • I hope they find another Dino!
These are big things to Gypsy but she handles her drama quite well.  I think dogs have a short memory and let go of the bad things easily and get on with their life. I think this is a lesson we humans should try to learn from the dogs. Bad stuff is going to happen but try not to dwell on it. Process it and let it go. Who knows what might be around the corner. Maybe a great opportunity.


As I write this thinking of all the drama and stress that can enter into our lives, Gypsy is at my feet (as usual) just relaxing and chilling out. I think I might try to do a bit more of that this weekend myself.



No comments: