Saturday, December 15, 2012

I took Friday off from work to get some Christmas things done. I can't believe it is right around the corner, creeping up on us. I started the day by getting some chores done in the yard, with the help of the poodles of course. My plan was to knock the yard stuff out fast and run a few Christmas errands, taking advantage of my time off from work.

 Here is Rim admiring the lights I put up in this little tree. I usually put a few lights up in the backyard just for the heck of it. Sandi thinks the little kid next door likes to look at this tree at night but I think Sandi enjoys it more.

Gypsy, being so inspired by the lights, breaks out into her rendition of "Jingle Bells". You've heard that one before, woof, woof, woof. This being Rims first Christmas, is not sure of the words.

The dogs tried their best to be good all day, but when Sandi tossed Dino into the mix, the fun begins. Gypsy, carefully holding Dino by his feet, tries to keep it away from the pesky little Pup.

This escalates into big time wrestling. Rim can hold his own with Gypsy now. I think he is almost at her weight already and not that much shorter than she. We let them wrestle for awhile then, try our best to get them to chill out. When Gypsy tries to walk away, Rim nips at her back legs egging her on.

While Sandi bribed them both with treats, I was able to get a picture of them sitting still. You can see Rim is becoming a chunk of a poodle. His ears are turning slowly silver.

They had a big day of running, wrestling, and helping me do yard work. I didn't get any of my Christmas chores done that I planned on doing. That's OK, they had a good day and I still have 9 shopping days left before Christmas. I'm not in panic mode yet.

No comments: